Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where oh where has my hip joint gone....


Ok so normally my posts are usually about my family and things we have been doing and LOTS of pictures. But every once in a while I actually use this blog for what I intended it to be and that is a space for me to document my life. So this week is one of those times that I will try to reclaim myself and speak of the thoughts in my mind.

First off, Yes, the picture above is of me....I am sure you all knew that if you know me at all but just encase there is someone reading this blog for the first time I have a love/hate relationship with the art form Classical Ballet. This started pre-teen and pretty much has consumed my extra time since. I have a bio but no need to get that formal ha ha ha. Anyways, I have never really had any injuries from dancing up until I TURNED 30! Then I just started falling apart. I nursed a big toe fracture or what I decided had to have been something pretty bad because it took 6 months to heal. No one could figure out why the blasted thing hurt all time and was super weak. After some family members mentioned bunions (A dancer worse nightmare) I freaked and thought for sure I was doomed to live a life of pain until I went under the knife. So I set out to seek the professionals. Little did I know they no NOTHING about ballet but I am sure they know ALOT about sports injuries. Hmmmm. The thought has come to mind that this dilemma maybe because I live in a remote area where ART is a thing a child makes in school and it couldn't possible be a REAL job. So Doctors here just look at you with that glazed look in their eye like....Really mmm, so you say you can't go UP on your big toe in "what do you call them" TOE shoes. (Just to clarify, I did said Pointe Shoes twice but they say what they have been taught). Which then leads to well ....much of nothing because after a few x-rays and manipulations they tell you in their words...what your momma always said .... "maybe you should stop doing that if it hurts." Lucky me it finally healed on its own and I was in hallelujah for a few months until just this past Oct my hip socket started killing me when I would bend over and my extension went from past my shoulder to 90 degrees without pain. So I, of course, thought I had pulled muscle. Thought it would pass decided to just dance lighter. You can probably tell from the tone of this entry it has not.... here we are 3 MONTHS later and I still have pain. Ive been sitting on ice, had 4 Chiropractic appointments...one full one hour massage and a few half ones from My Man. Thats not including the daily racket ball massages into my galoots! (By the way THAT freaking hurts) Only then did I get some relief for 1 week until I started dancing again! My STUPID hip with not stay in position. Largely I think this is do to having 2 babies. My hips just move more since this last one who is now 20 mths. I had such anxiety about turning 30....and who could blame me after whats happened now that I have turn this rotten age...to which dancers HATE. I guess its just one more trial in my book of challenges with this Art form. One more thing to figure out and concur. Things I work on in every class I teach and take. With the hopes to one day to be all that I set out to be at age 11. I decided long ago that even if it takes into my 60's I will still be dancing. What I wonderful life for me.......crack!

1 comment:

The Neads said...

Hey... so let's go out and do something.. Maybe like Friday or something?? What do you think.. Girls Night? Let's get Tori and go!!! I am glad you post also or we wouldn't know what the heck is going on.. p.s. I totally feel your pain.. I am now 31 and frustrated because running and exorcising is getting harder and harder ha ha.. So call me and we'll get together!
7456599